HOWTO mount a usbfloppy?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Aug 9 18:39:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:20:12PM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:52:07PM +0200, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i have a hp omnibook xt 1000 - with no fixed floppy (btw. who
> > still needs floppies today?). delivered with was a usb-floppy. How
> > can i mount this? i didn't find an appropriate device...

I forgot to mention: to learn where the device will show up, either
dmesg or /var/log/messages will have a record. From dmesg:

Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
  Vendor: Y-E DATA  Model: USB-FDU           Rev: 5.01
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 3
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
sda: assuming Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda: unknown partition table
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0