Problems using up2date

Ian P. Thomas ipthomas at mac.com
Mon Aug 9 23:13:36 UTC 2004

I have attempted to use the following option

	--serverURL
	% sudo up2date
--serverURL=http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/
--dry-run

to have up2date use a different server.  The error message I get is

	usage: up2date [OPTIONS] [<packages>]
	/usr/sbin/up2date: error: no such option: --serverURL

The manual says

	--serverURL=<url>
	Specify what server url to use.

The reason I'm attempting to use this option is because up2date has
failed to complete a complete run
of updating my system.  It times out when attempting to download the
packages I need to update.  Without
the '--serverURL' option, up2date seemed to go through a list of
mirrors on its own, using this URL as the
value of serverURL,

	https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC

Any other advice on getting up2date up and running?

Ian Thomas