Not able to boot Fedora 2 after ghosting XP

Carl Nicholls mrnicholls at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 10 03:11:11 UTC 2004

I will explain stetup, machine has 3 harddrives "disk 0(C) is all XP", "disk 1(G) is all ghost of XP", "disk 2 is all linux", the ghost I fixed XP with was done before I installed Fedora Core 2 , after ghosting the linux installation is OK on its own harddrive but the boot choice has gone, and starts into XP by default, I can enter rescue mode in Linux by using original installation DVD I downloaded.  I tried by using Grub prompt to grub-install /dev/hdc. message was "unrecognized command". I do not know enough about Linux to do anymore, one way is to reinstall but this is not me I want to repair.

Carl Nicholls