NetRaid-1m driver issue on HP tc3100 server

Dunne, Tim tdunne at cva.pvt.k12.me.us
Tue Aug 10 14:37:08 UTC 2004

I am a relative newbie and would really appreciate some help on this
problem.  I am trying to install FC2 on an HP server tc3100 with the
NetRAID-1M adapter, 4x73gig Seagate discs.  I have created a raid 5 array
and all seems to be working as expected.  When I try to boot the machine
with disc 1 it does not seem to be able to access the scsi hard drives at
all, it reports that it is trying installing a driver "sym53c8xx" and
megaraid but does not progress to the graphical setup screens.
(Incidentally - I have gone through the Windows setup procedure, installing
the appropriate drive works and I get through to the screens to format the
drives, the machine formally ran win2k with 4 18gig Seagate drives.
Unfortunatley there is no support on HP's site for FC3 and indeed no drivers
for any linux flavor.

Thanks in advance.

Tim Dunne

Director of Technology