FC2 Kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2 hanging during boot process

Clive Long rational_comms at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 21:16:45 UTC 2004

I tried the suggestion of running command rpm -e
kernel-ntfs

1. None of the kernels listed in grub2 (2.4.x or
2.6.x) would boot. All kernel boots hang at
"Initialising swap space". So I can't get the system
to the state to run the rpm command.

2. I tried booting from the Fedora Core 2 CD-Rom into
"rescue" mode. This successfully brought up linux
command line

I then ran : "rpm -e kernel-ntfs" while in rescue mode

and all I get as response is:

Error: Package kernel-ntfs is not installed

So even if ntfs is the problem, I can't remove it from
linux. I also can't boot any of the kernels to attempt
to remove ntfs

  So I can't recover linux currently

Any further suggesitons?

Thanks