Scanner

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 11 03:04:21 UTC 2004

Phil Scherzinger wrote:
> need some help setting up a Visioneer 8750 scanner with Fedora 2.  Scanner is attached via USB 2
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

I think going to the link below should let you know if your scanner is
supported.

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html

If the scanner is recognized and there is no extra setup needed. You
will have to either power-off then power on the scanner or unplug, then
replug in the USB port, if a USB scanner.

 From the 2.4 kernel into the 2.6 kernel, the scanner module was not
ported. All scanners for usb seem to need to use other methods which
need this step to set the device permissions correctly for the scanner
to work.

Read the archive for earlier discussions regarding scanners and why this
step is needed.

Jim

--
I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it.
		-- Edgar Allan Poe