KDE GUI for rpms

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 08:45:31 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 11 Aug 2004 04:49, Andrew Konosky wrote:
> I have been using Gnome, but I just switched over to KDE to try it out
> for a while. In Gnome, I had to set the rpm package installer as default
> from within nautilus, then it worked fine when I clicked an rpm file.
> I'd like to do the same in KDE, but what is the command for the GUI
> program, if there is one.

You could use "system-install-packages" from within KDE however there is a
"Native KDE" gui app for RPM's called Kpackage but for some reason RH leave
it out of kdeadmin. The solution is to rebuild kdeadmin from the src.rpm or
even better use KDE-Redhats awesome packages.

http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.8-rc4
KDE-Redhat-3.2.92-Beta