Triple boot machine possible?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Wed Aug 11 09:09:44 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 11.08.2004 schrieb Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen um 10:04:
> My machines has got 2 disks
>   disk1 : sda1 (win2000 ntnfs partion)
>           sda2 (vfat partion)
> 	  free-space
>   disk2 : sda1 (core 1 /boot)
>           sda2 (core 1 /)
> 	  sda3 (core 1 /home)
> How can I install FC3-test1 on the free-space of disk1 in such a way that I
> can select at boot-time between
>   1) windows2000
>   2) Fedora core 1
>   3) Fedora core 3 test1

You may install FC3t1 as usual. Boot from the CD, select the free space
for / your sda1 on disk 2 (it should read sdb1?) for /boot and your core
1 home on sdb3 into /mnt/home so it will not be affected by test 1
quirks (or initially you should omit it and add it later). Before
starting the installation, you should save your /boot/grub/grub.conf
file! Unfortunately anaconda does not use an existing grub.conf. It will
detect it and should make a backup, but it will not use the information
inside the file. It will make a new grub.conf file, containing your
windows partition and your newly installed test 1. It will "forget" your
current Core 1. You have to add the corresponding lines from the backup
file manually.

Peter