Is OSS emulation going?

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 11 20:04:34 UTC 2004

On Aug 11, 2004 at 14:59, Robert Locke in a soothing rage wrote:

[...]
>The VMWare list is saying that RedHat is looking to force everyone to
>use ALSA implying that things are likely to get worse before they get
>better....
>
>Any thoughts or suggestions?
ALSA is the default sound system for the 2.6 series kernel.
Linus decreed that. If you want to use OSS, recompile your
kernel to use it or get the ALSA OSS emulation layer and use
that. RH is forcing anyone to use ALSA to the best of my
knowledge. ALSA is the future, now ppl have to port their
drivers to it.

N.Emile...
We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.
		-- La Rochefoucauld
 16:01:59  up 44 days,  9:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00