How do I mount a windows partition from another computer on the network?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 15:04:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 10:22, Andrew Konosky wrote:
> Well, now I am not getting any errors telling me the file isn't there,
> so I must have the syntax right now, but now it can't connect!
>
> //192.168.1.101://CARL/C$    /mnt/network/192.168.1.101/C    smbfs
> uid=0,gid=500,umask=002,user    0 0

>From my experience with samba you will most likely need to create a
samba user on your linux box, then make sure that user has permissions
on the windows box to access the resource you are sharing.  Also make
sure the directory you are trying to access is actually shared under
windows.

You may need to include a credentials option in you mount command or
include the username and password information there, although I prefer
the credentials option myself.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>