Philips PCVC690K webcam problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Aug 12 15:16:05 UTC 2004

[ sorry, second posting - mailman was in action again ;) ]

Am Do, den 12.08.2004 schrieb Huub van Niekerk um 17:04:

> Running FC2, I had a sound problem. Using the hardware-browser to view
> the soundcard, it showed both my VIA sound card and the web cam.
> Whenever I used the sound card detection, it did work, but no sound.
> Then the other day, I unplugged the cam, rebooted and voila, sound
worked.
> So now the situation is: since it apparently detects my web cam
> correctly, it just seems not to know how to handle it. How can I make
it
> work?

> Huub

I can only guess what you problem is, because I don't fully understand
your description.

I guess you face the problem that when you boot with the webcam plugged
in, you have no sound from your soundcard. Is this the case? The only
workaround I know and use myself with my Philips PVC webcam is, to boot
without the USB webcam plugged in. Later when system is up I do connect
the camera.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp
Serendipity 17:15:18 up 8 days, 10:42, load average: 1.32, 1.28, 1.30