MORE SSH Hacking: heads-up

Dave Rinker drinker at dsrtech.com
Thu Aug 12 23:59:23 UTC 2004

funny to still see this thread running.

Your conversation of the su issue prompted me to look for an exploit.
Found this linux "su" exploit that copies the passwords to /tmp/.tmp

The only problem is you'd have to get it there first.

http://packetstormsecurity.nl/groups/shadowpenguin/unix-tools/passwd_linux.c

Has anyone used my iptables suggestion with success?