Cannot install FC2

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 03:38:08 UTC 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:36 pm, Bill Tetens wrote:
> Some more info.. Just for ?GEE Whizz I moved the CD Rom to the primary
> IDE with the HDD. The HDD is master and the CD is slave.  No help.
>
> I realized that I did have a self boot disc and hunted it up.  It is a
> copy of KNOPPIX that runs from the CD and it fired up just fine.
>
> Hope some of this helps.  Maybe It would be better if I ordered a copy
> of the Fedora FC2 if it is available on the internet.  Maybe the whole
> problem is with the CD's I made?????

Bill:
You can buy Fedora CD's from www.cheapbytes.com. I've used them a few times
and found them to be quick, inexpensive and the disks worked. There are some
other sites that provide similar services.

Is the Knoppix disk one that you made or did you pick it up someplace else? My
thought is that you may be doing something improperly during the burn, or
that there may be a problem with your burner. Or blank disks. Or phases of
the moon...

BTW -- please drop the HTML; plain text is muchly preferred on this list for
lots of reasons.

-- cmg