samba large files

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Fri Aug 13 21:11:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 17:19, Kevin Krieser wrote:
> My workaround was to install SFU from Microsoft on my XP Pro computer,
> which allowed me to share drives from Windows with NFS.

Last time I tried SFU, it would crash my machine withing 30 minutes of
booting up (and I didn't even have any NFS configurations setup).

As another data point, I was able to use CIFS instead of SMBFS on FC2 to
transfer > 2GB files.  However, the machine was not usable (it would
freeze for minutes at a time with only a few seconds between freezes).
I even tried upgrading to smaba-3.0.6, but I still had no luck.

Forrest