Fedora Core -1 & redhat 9!

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sat Aug 14 12:43:40 UTC 2004

Ashraf Mousa wrote:
> dear users of Fedora
> I have redhat9 installed on my computer. I would like to install and try Fedora. Is it possible to upgrade from redhat9 to fedora? how?
> thanks
> ashraf
>

> Dr. Eng. Ashraf  El-Kutb Mousa
> Ass. Prof. Crustal Movements Lab.
> National Research Institute of Astronomy and
> Geophysics, Elmarsad St., Helwan, Cairo, Egypt
> Postal no.: 11421
> Tel(office) : +202-5549708
> Fax         : +202-5548020
> Tel (Home)  : +202-518-7001

Hi and welcome to the Fedora list. I upgraded my RH 9 machine to FC1 by
simply inserting the first FC1 cd, and powering up the machine. The
installer asked me if I wanted to upgrade the existing installation or
install a new installation. I chose the upgrade, and it went smoothly. I
would highly recommend backing up all important data first.

However, when I moved to FC2, I backed up all of my data and did a fresh
installation because there are many big differences between FC1 and FC2.

Hope this helps,
Clint