fedora-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 160 PCMCIA Hang

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 14 14:21:51 UTC 2004

Jason Brower wrote:
> I inserted the line "install yenta-socket" to the modprobe.conf but she
> still lock, I talked to mike of element computers, and he said the
> system has conflicts with acpi and PCMCIA, I didabled it but got the
> same error.  But, maybe I type the the command wrong in modprob.conf.
> Is is install yenta.socket instead of yenta-socket, it was telling em is
> was ignoring the line at boot

<snip digest>

I'm a latecomer, have no idea what you're up against but a quick check
of my FC1 leads me to believe you're looking for an "_" instead of
either a "." or a "-".

[rj at mavis rj]$ locate yenta
<snip extraneous results>
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2149.nptl/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.o

(Yeah, I know I'm running an ancient kernel.)