Synaptics TouchPad in FC2 [SOLVED]

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Aug 14 14:34:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Aug  9, 2004, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

> >> Works for me, on a Dell Inspiron 8000.
>
> > Thanks for the data point.
>
> For completeness, both work unless I set `psmouse.proto=imps'.  Adding
> this setting breaks the pass-through, so one of the devices stop
> working.  I don't quite remember which one it is.

To summarize:

With only default drivers, both devices work, but tapping on the touchpad
doesn't emulate a left-click.

With psmouse.proto=imps, the pointing stick doesn't work, but tapping on
the touchpad emulates a left-click.

With the synaptics driver (http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/),
psmouse.proto=imps causes X to fail to start.

With the synaptics driver and without psmouse.proto=imps, the touchpad
works and does all the cool synaptics stuff, but I couldn't get the
pointing stick to work.  It turns out that I had misconfigured
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.  The example config entry for the second mouse at
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/best5650/XF86Config-4 did the trick.

I'm happy now...
--
		Matthew Saltzman