problems in core 2

armand armand666 at gmx.net
Sun Aug 15 10:45:23 UTC 2004

hi

yes i know my writing is terible so i try better

my first two things ar not realy problem its only that i cant do it by instalation to start in text mode and set the mouse.

that the desktopswitch gui is missing is no problem to. i found and installed it.

my problems are the wheel of my mouse, the kde menu editor, the apm mode and program changes.

1. by installation the system reconise the mouse as a 3 butten mouse
after installation i tried "system config mouse" and set the mouse to wheel mouse
but it have no efect how can i get the wheel working

2. if i made a change in the kde menu editor and save it has no efect to my menu.
i restart kde menu editor again and all changes i made ar away.

3. after every rebbot the kde kontrollzentrum says apm is on but it dosen work i have to change something and applay again and than it works.

4. i want to play all videos in mplayer but i cant change the program for videos.
i made a right click on a media file,  choos open with mplayer (i say open always that type with that program). at this time mplayer starts, but if i try to make a double click on the same or an other media file noatum start instate of mplayer and mplayer isent in the list of avalibal programs. so i have to choose open with again every time.

hope that is better and u can read and answer (help).

armand