NFS on fedora core 2

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Aug 15 14:24:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 10:10, Sathish S. Vadhiyar wrote:
> [root at garl-intel2 ~]# mount garl-intel1:/garl/garl-intel1/local /local
> mount to NFS server 'garl-intel1' failed: server is down.
>
> More perplexing why it should say "server is down" when it is able to ping
> to garl-intel1.

Hi Sathish,

Have you tried shutting off the firewall on the NFS server?

Have you tried re-booting the NFS server?

I realize that its considered "poor form" to reboot Linux systems to in
order to clean things up but I've been doing NFS performance testing for
one of our clusters and it was the only way I could get some of our FC2
NFS servers to be responsive.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD