Problems with Gnome and Samba after Yum...

Aaron Griffith aarong at freedomware.net
Sun Aug 15 15:19:56 UTC 2004

Actually, I'm using a 2.6.7 kernel compiled from source.  Would there be
any benefit to using a kernel supplied by Fedora?

On another note, after toying with this for a bit, it seems this problem
is intermittent.  After first installing FC2 I had no problem mounting
and browsing an XP Pro share.  The issue started happening when I tried
to browse a true Samba share (running on FC1, samba-3.0.4-1).  However,
I have been able to reboot and successfully use the share.  Rebooting is
becoming a frequent process because Nautilus dies miserably and I have
not figured out how to restart it properly.

I will try a Fedora supplied kernel and see if I have any luck.

Thanks,

Aaron Griffith