yum update and rpm

François Patte Francois.Patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Mon Aug 16 06:47:15 UTC 2004

Bonjour,

I had encounter a problem while trying to update my FC1: I ran "yum update" and
every thing was OK from getting headers to running "test transaction" but the
update hanged while installing/updating the first package... I stopped the
process.

Now the command "yum update" and rpm no longer work.

I don't know if there where a problem with the rpm command before but I am now
unable to use neither yum nor rpm.

How can I recover: how to re-install rpm if rpm command doesn't work? (I suspect
that the yum problem depends on the rpm problem).

Thank you for any help.

--
François Patte

Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - Pune - Inde
Université René Descartes - Paris 5
UFR de mathématiques et informatique