Help me find 5 mistakes and than solution to thoes mistakes!

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 16 12:56:19 UTC 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Jim Higson wrote:

> On Monday 16 August 2004 02:59, janne wrote:
>> You do realize that this list is archived publicly and indexed by
>> google, right? It would be absolutely trivial for your teacher to use
>> google to find out that you are trying to have other people do your
>> homework for you.
>>
>> Besides, the whole point of doing homework is learning from doing it -
>> it is counterproductive for you to ask, and a waste of time for us to do
>> your work.
>
> Oberoi,
> How about you show us where you got up to, I'm sure people will be more
> willing to help if it looks like you're trying.
>
> I'd help, but I wouldn't do it for you!

i'm not sure that even just helping someone when they get stuck is
appropriate when it's obvious it's a homework assignment.  that's part
of the learning process -- troubleshooting and debugging.

in fact, from what i remember of the original posting, it seemed that
troubleshooting was the *primary* focus of that assignment, so lending
a hand to do just that seems out of place.

just my $0.02.

rday

p.s.  besides, it's not really a fedora issue, is it?  it's more a
shell programming issue.