gcc-3.4.1 under FC2 ?

Steve Snyder swsnyder at insightbb.com
Mon Aug 16 14:12:23 UTC 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 8:25 am, Horvath Andras wrote:
> Without any change in arguments of gcc calls I get 2% speed improvement
> in our code. (Mainly floating point calculations.) Now I will try
> whether some special command line switches work better in 3.4.1.

It you're building for a x86 platform you might also want to try Intel's
compiler, ICC.  It's a very good compiler overall, but it's main
strength, relative to GCC, is floating-point performance.

The Linux version comes in RPM packages and is free for personal use.
See: http://developer.intel.com/software/products/compilers/clin/

Hope this helps.