USB CF Reader

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 16 20:01:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Thornton wrote:

> I ran across a post on linuxquestions that said for usb cf readers to
> work you need scsi support.  All I did was add SCSI support to the
> kernel.
>
> let me go ahead and reconect the devices and I will copy the syslog
> messages.

as someone once upon a time pointed out, the multi-card readers
represent a multi-LUN SCSI device, so i added the following to
/etc/modprobe.conf

options scsi_mod max_luns=5  (or however many physical slots)

then, if you need to, rmmod that module, and insmod it again.  at that
point, the module can handle a multi-LUN device like your card reader.
when you insert the reader, /var/log/messages should give you some
feedback and, in my case, i can mount my CF card as /dev/sdb1.

rday