Scan for wireless networks?

Julian Underwood mailings at UNDERWOODS.NET
Mon Aug 16 21:20:29 UTC 2004

Does anyone know if there is an applet for Fedora which allows to see
what wireless networks are available?  I suspect people will recommend
Airsnort, Kismet, et al.  Which brings me to my next question.  I had
both of these working fine on my IBM T23 laptop using the wlan-ng
drivers for it's built-in Prism based card.  Could someone tell me what
drivers (or how to find out) what drivers are being used to make my card
work with a default FC2 install?  I don't think I am using orinoco_pci
driver, but that's what it says under /usr/bin/system-config-network.
Is there something a bit easier to get say airsnort to work--without me
having to setup my card again with the wlan-ng drivers?  TIA,

Julian