1680x1050 resolution not working (Fedora Core 2, Dell Inspiron 8600, WSXGA+) - Part 2

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Mon Aug 16 22:26:22 UTC 2004

Florian Burkart schrieb:

>Well, I tried the "nv" one, that didn't work at all, I had to exit with Ctrl
>Alt F1 and init 3.
>Since I don't know how to check the log I changed the default depth to 8.
>However, it still didn't work. Since this works on other Dell i8600 with the
>same Hardware, I don't think that this is the solution.

Sorry for that. My widescreen HP zd7000 is behaving like that with the
nvidia drivers.

But do a google-search "Dell Inspiron 8600 fedora resolution". There are
some people who have managed to run the full resolution with the nvidia
drivers and they have posted their xorg.conf as well.

Good luck
Markus