scsi problem

Kevin Wang rightsock at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 23:31:52 UTC 2004

first thing I'd fix is find a free irq and re-jumper the scsi card for
it.  A lot of older devices just won't work right without an irq,
despite what the driver says.

also, verifying that you can detect the scanner wuold be good. I don't
see any specific mention of the scanner being detected.

cd /proc/scsi
and explore the files under there. one should list the name of your
scanner.  If not, then even though the driver is loaded, the scanner
isn't being seen. I'd suspect something wrong with the driver and/or
the card.

Any possibility you could buy a new pci scsi card? they're awfully
cheap these days.  I doubt the scsi scanner would need more than a
narrow 20MB/s controller.

   - Kevin