VMWare & Core 2

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Tue Aug 17 02:17:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 22:18, Kevin Old wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:08:16 -0400, Mark Haney <mhaney at interactsys.com> wrote:
> > It's in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, check the section called "Screen" and change
> > DefaultDepth to 24 (it should say 16 it's happened that way every time I've
> > installed it) and change "depth" to 24 under the subsection labeled
> > 'Display'.  That should fix it.
>
> That's weird, mine says 24.  I've never touched my xorg.conf.  Not
> sure why you've had to change yours.
Well, For some obsure reason, a depth of 16 has better power management
compared to 24 (according to some users of the cpufreq code)

So, in essence, you have to make sure that your X's config and that of
vmware's X is of the same default depth.

That should be it.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel