OpenOffice.org PDFs and gPDF

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue Aug 17 02:59:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 03:38, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> That looks like the DEBUG error messages from the initial FC2 version of
> ghostscript.
>
> What version of ghostscript do you have installed?
>
> If it is the default 7.07-25, grab the newer RPMS from:
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/
>
> or from one of the mirrors.
>
> I did that a while back and it solved the PDF/PS issues, which included
> the DEBUG errors.

Well the thing is that whilst ggv (and yes, I am indeed running
ghostscript 7.07-25) does throw up that error dialog, it goes on to
display the file correctly. The problem is with gpdf, which uses xpdf
not ghostscript to render the output. If you take a look at the
screenshots linked to in the previous post you'll pretty quickly see
what I mean.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com