I have jst started using sendmail

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 12:44:58 UTC 2004

khalil KHAMLICHI wrote:
> I m new to linux world & all my previouse mail servers were ms exchange
> servers. i jst installed a sendmail server & it seems to work fine after i
> managed to tweak some config files ... now my last problem is how to allow
> users who are using internet from thier homes or offices & who have accounts
> on this mail server to use it to send mail bcos sendmail doesn't allow
> relaying for them so far.

There is a major trap for you to fall into here. Since you've been
administering Exchange, you *probably* know about it, but I'll point it
out anyway.

*Don't*, whatever you do, set up sendmail so the whole world can relay
through it without authentication (e.g. passwords or encryption). You
*will* be found, spammers *will* use your server to send spam, you
*will* be blocked by various spammer lists and umpteen thousand irate
postmasters, and you *should* be kicked by your ISP.

Be careful, and test regularly.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "I still want a phone with caller-IQ."
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | "The telco will never make it available until they