The Best ADSL Modem?

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Tue Aug 17 13:28:45 UTC 2004

Check with your ISP, mine is a small one and the guy that runs it is
really sharp.  I was using Qwest but they're a phone company and no one
could answer any real questions.  But you may get an answer like "every
time there is a problem it seems it's a xyz modem"  Or you'll get "Aaaa
modem? Linux? I don't think we support that, I can email you
instructions for Windows."

Are you going to have more than one machine?  I have two ADSL
connections and I set them both up with the modem in bridging mode so it
really doesn't do anything, then behind that is a router, then my hub.
That is with a static IP from my ISP.  If you want an easy and cheap way
to set up a router check out www.freesco.org.

Tim...