[Fedora] Re: Separate shell and www servers...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Aug 17 19:15:40 UTC 2004

Aaron Gaudio wrote:

>Sorry, haven't been following the thread, but why would want normal
>users to have write access within /usr/www?

    The original thread wasn't about giving users access to /usr/www (or
/var/www in my case).  The original thread was to separate our shell
server from web server (which right now reside on the same physical
machine.)  I want two separate machines, and the problem I'm faced with
is how to have each user's www space be on the other machine, while
still giving them their own access/permission to their files when they
log on to the shell server.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.