Boot diskette image file.

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Aug 17 20:33:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 02:58:08PM -0400, Scott Wiper wrote:
> I am having diffulty installing fedora core 2 on an old Pentium calss system
> that cannot boot from CDroms.
>
> I have gone through all of my disks and looked for to bootdiskette.img file to
> start the instalation from my copies of Fedora Core 2.0.

No such critter. Search on "smart boot manager" in the usual
places. It boots from floppy and will then boot from CD or other
media.

> Current system to install on is:
> P-166-S
> 64meg EDO Ram

You will want to blow this out to at least 128 MB if you want to run
X.

Alternatively, look at Walmart.com. I was able to buy a good if not
bleeding edge computer for $200 a year ago which runs FC2 just fine.

> IDE Two 3.2 gig seagate harddrive.
> IDE 48X ATAPI CD-ROM
> NIC_A Reatek 8139/801X PCI FAMILY
> NIC_B Digital Equipment DEC21041 PCI BASED
> VIDEO S3 Virge GX\DX
> I am in despartate need of help... I want to learn this operating
> system.

If you are here to learn, get FC1; it will be better (less of a
resource hog) on this equiptment, and you don't need the latest &
greatest.