help with install

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Aug 17 23:06:09 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 18.08.2004 schrieb Macadio Gaines um 0:50:

> 1.) I downloaded the first ISO disk and burned it to CD. I can't do
> the check sum cause im running a Windows2k box. But when I put in the
> CD it does not auto install it just boots to windows. Is there some
> trick or something I did not do to get the CD to auto boot to load the
> OS?

You can do m35sum checks on Windows[tm] too. Quickly to be found using
google, i.e.:

http://www.md5summer.org/download.html

Be sure your BIOS settings have priority set to boot from CD first.

> 2.) Do I need to download all 4 ISO images? just getting 1 took over 5
> hours on a T-1 line at work.

Depends on the volume of packages you want to install. For a minimal
install the first 2 CDs should be ok. The more packages the more CDs.
With graphical environment you will need the first 3 DCs.

> Mac

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp
Serendipity 00:59:38 up 13 days, 18:27, load average: 0.05, 0.25, 0.35