Problem on PostgreSQL - creating database

Jarkko Elfving jarelf at ebaana.net
Wed Aug 18 06:39:41 UTC 2004

ke, 2004-08-18 kello 09:17, Marius Andreiana kirjoitti:
> On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 08:16 +0300, Jarkko Elfving wrote:
> > Thanks a lot! It works!
> >
> > But... now when I'm building up that database, does it locate in to my
> > spicified location or somewhere else?
> createdb --help
>   -D, --location=PATH       alternative place to store the database
>
> so yes. You'd better read the help, I won't repeat it here anymore.
> You can also try 8.0 beta, which has table spaces and allows you to
> split db by tables.
>
> > Which command I can find it where it did go?
> ls
>
> > And if I should move it to
> > somewhere else (or if I do a SQL-based program exp. with Java) can I use
> > that database without PostgreSQL services?
> you 'move' it with pg_dump and restore with psql
>
> > Lot's of stupid questions but I'm now so exciting of this :D
> Postgresql manual is really great ;)
>
> --
> Marius Andreiana
> Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania
> http://www.galuna.ro

LoL

Thanks :) I feel like dumb and dumber right now... I didn't realize that
it is THAT simple... I think that it goes to some default location and
dissapears somewhere to Linux filesystem...

But... I try to carry on my own from this... Thanks a lot!

(BTW... I had read almost all postgresql manuals but because I'm a
engineer student it means that I'm not an engineer yet :D) Inside
Joke...

But yeah... I go now... my wife is birthing our first pumpkin :D

c ya
--
Jarkko Elfving
Suomi - Finland

[UK/US] This mail has been digitally signed and you can download the
public-key from these servers from the list:

http://subkeys.pgp.net
pgp-public-keys at keys.pgp.net