FC1 ghostscript update requires gdk-pixbuf and gtk+?

Wed Aug 18 12:34:05 UTC 2004

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 11:28, Tim Waugh wrote:
> > I think this is something I'm going to have to let the Fedora
> > Legacy project address if need be -- but I do wish that I hadn't
> > started down this path in the first place.
> >
> > Sorry for the mess.
>
> Which mess?
>
> ghostscript/FC2 requires gtk2 and gdk_pixbuf2, ghostscript/FC1
> requires their gtk1 counterparts, where is the problem?

Think of a small text-only server with hylafax. Hylafax needs
ghostscript. And ghostscript pulls in urw-fonts, urw-fonts
needs /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontscale (provided by XFree86-font-utils) ->
libXfont.so.1 (provided by XFree86-libs) -> freetype. This is just
*one* path of dependencies. The effect is that I don't have a text-only
server, now I have a lot of X stuff that I don't want. And the next
logical step is to install gtk+ and gdk-pixbuf?

> Ralf

Andreas.