FC2 - Strange Ethernet Behavior

John Krische john at sysop.com
Wed Aug 18 17:29:19 UTC 2004

Hello again.

As promised, here's some cleaned-up output from tethereal during a test
download from the web.  I've obsured the local IP in question and have
deleted entries that were unrelated local traffic.

Packet sequence ID's 97-179 ought to jump out at somebody.  That is
definitely the moment of connection speed loss.  Of course, I have no
idea what to do about it, which is why I'm here in the first place.  :)

Attached as capture6.txt

Further info: similar behavior from a large mysql transaction to the
server being tested above, inside the LAN.   However, no such behaviour
on a large file (100MB) copy over Samba 3 from a win host to a share on
the target machine.  That wored fine, blazing speed.  Most odd.

--
John K.