Exporting Email Xemian

Michael E. Webster mwebster at intercosmos.com
Wed Aug 18 19:00:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 14:18, Greg Swallow wrote:
> Ok, need to export email from Xemian (sp) from FC2. Have moved 2x2CPU
> boxes to server status and need to get my email from node1.bsts.com to
> g5.gsts.com (OSX).
>
> Needs some steps here and after we get node1 (FC2) and node2 (RHWS3)
> running in their new server local, will move mail over to g5.
>
> God Bless,
>
> GregS <><

What I've always been able to do is scp my /home/$username/evolution
directory to the new home directory on the new box.  After I scp the
directory, just to be on the safe side, I
'chown -v -R username.group evolution'
on the new box.

If you're using the same version of evolution, it should work like a
champ.  I've never done this with different versions, maybe someone else
could help in that area.

Mike.