changing permissions

Shelagh oneida at tpg.com.au
Wed Aug 18 21:56:17 UTC 2004

Hello!

I am finally getting around to fixing up a rew niggling irritations. Or
trying to. I haven't been able to write to my windows partition and have
tried changing the ownership of it from root to me. The graphical users
program just quietly changes it back to root. Is there some sort of
problem with someone other than root being able to write to the windows
partition? I need to be able to copy files to that partition because as
yet I haven't sorted out my samba shares (I'm reading throught the
documentation very carefully) and I want other windows users on my little
network to have access to the files on that partition (large files too big
to be put on a floppy). But, of course, I can't copy a downloaded file to
it.

Shelagh