Adaptec 29160 SCSI Card

Thom Paine thom at customnetworks.ca
Wed Aug 18 22:07:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 17:42, Seth Bardash wrote:

> Do a
>
> dmesg | grep st
>
> at the command prompt.

No tape drive found. It doesn't show the module for the scsi card.
aic7xxx. When I try to load it I get this:

[root at ns1 root]# insmod aic7xxx
insmod: can't read 'aic7xxx': No such file or directory

> Did not know you could use cdrecord with a tape drive....

I use cdrecord -scanbus to tell me if it's loading the module for the
scsi card and show me if the tape drive is there. All that it is showing
me is my megaraid driver with the disc array.

I plan on using arkeia light to write to the tape.

Thanks for your help.

-=/>Thom