SV: The Best ADSL Modem?

Jari.Marikainen at vlt.se Jari.Marikainen at vlt.se
Thu Aug 19 13:39:21 UTC 2004

In general, I've read some tests bout these adsl routers, D-Link is a pretty poor choise since they deliver them with old (read poor) firewalls, which are easy to attack and take over. Yes, as a private person this is not a big risk but why put your self into that situtaion?

Second, D-link tend to get pretty hot ( I mean in degrees, not as a "hot product"). This is not too good either. I suggest you find out some tests and make up your mind of which one to choose in the end.

I use LinkSys which I think work really nice but it's all a matter of taste.

Good luck
/jari