IMAP Problems

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Aug 19 14:10:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 09:35 -0400, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded from RedHat 9.0 and had been using pop3 to get my mail.
> Seems after the upgrade its gone.  IMAP isn't working either.
>
> I can't find any error messages in the maillog just that the connection
> was refused.
>
> Where/how do you configure IMAP?  How/can I use POP3?
Please search the archives as this really has been answered many many
times before.

The UWIMAP package that came with RH9 has been dropped in favour of
Cyrus IMAP, this provides IMAP and POP3 (as well as secure version of
these!).

This however is a VERY much over kill for small setup's (however I am
using it at home for 5 users, it's easy to configure and run once you
know how!), if you want a simple system then I believe devcot is the
next package to be preferred.

Hope this helps, but seriously, don't be lazy, search the archives,
you'll just wind up the people you want to help you.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator