IMAP Problems

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Thu Aug 19 14:21:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 10:10, Douglas Furlong wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 09:35 -0400, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just upgraded from RedHat 9.0 and had been using pop3 to get my mail.
> > Seems after the upgrade its gone.  IMAP isn't working either.
> >
> > I can't find any error messages in the maillog just that the connection
> > was refused.
> >
> > Where/how do you configure IMAP?  How/can I use POP3?
> Please search the archives as this really has been answered many many
> times before.

I have been searching for almost 2 days now.  There's a lot of imap
related topics.  I have looked at my /etc/imapd.conf but that doesn't
tell me anything.

> The UWIMAP package that came with RH9 has been dropped in favour of
> Cyrus IMAP, this provides IMAP and POP3 (as well as secure version of
> these!).

I saw where POP3 is 'supposed' to be provided.  But why can't I get my
mail via pop3.

> This however is a VERY much over kill for small setup's (however I am
> using it at home for 5 users, it's easy to configure and run once you
> know how!), if you want a simple system then I believe devcot is the
> next package to be preferred.

I agree...I'd just rather use pop3 if I can.  What will I break if I
un-install imap and install qpopper?

> Hope this helps, but seriously, don't be lazy, search the archives,
> you'll just wind up the people you want to help you.

I've searched this thing to death but I can't find the posting I need to
figure this out.

Thanks!!

--
Thomas E. Dukes <edukes at alltel.net>