IMAP Problems

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 15:55:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 11:16, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:
> > It depends what Fedora you are using. If it is fedora Core 2
> > and you are using cyrus-imap it can be configured for the FC2
> > server. Look at the man cyrus-imap (which delivers IMAP and
> > POP3) as well as the documentation.
>
> Sorry, I am running Core 2
>

> > On the client POP3 ans IMAP are done differently on different
> > mail clients. POP3 is port 110 and IMAP is port 143.
>
> Right, but the only error I'm getting is "Connection closed by foreign host"
> at port 143 and "Connection refused" on port 110.
>
> I am not able to telnet to either port.  This might be a firewall issue but
> I didn't have it prior to the upgrade.
>
> Thanks!!!!!!!!

If you were running something other than FC1 or FC2 previously then
iptables is probably blocking things.

For a quick test you can disable iptables:

service iptables stop

To configure it you can use:

system-config-securitylevel

You may need to add ports 110 and 143 to the list at the bottom of the
GUI to poke holes for those ports.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com