Slow Samba

Thom Paine thom at customnetworks.ca
Thu Aug 19 17:04:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 11:41, Andy Green wrote:

> Just a guess, but do you have the 137:139 UDP ports open on the firewall of
> the Linux machine?
>
> iptables -L

Yes, I have a separate NIC for the local lan and do not have the
firewall blocking any ports on there.

One thing I did do was copy the smb.conf file from my old machine
(RHEL-ES) and dump it into FC2. I'm gonna check and see if there are any
settings drastically different that could be causeing this.

Been copying 500M for the last hour or so. Almost 50% done.

I am running a backup atm, but I can't see that affecting anything.

-=/>Thom