(no subject)

Tony Mai tonylmai at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 22:44:50 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I'd like to know if I could bother you all one more
time.

I have a Toshiba Portege 7220 and I wanted to get the
fan to work under Linux. I thought I wanted TuxTime
(toshutils-2.0 by http://www.buzzard.org.uk/toshiba).

After compiling toshutils-2.0 and installed the utils,
I ran into error trying to run some of the binaries
(i.e /usr/local/bin/fan). It complained that "this
computer is not supported or the kernel module not
installed." This is a 4 years old Toshiba P3 650MHz
laptop.

So I went ahead reconfigured the kernel and checked
all the flags I could think off (i.e. under power
management there was a 'fan' option). I even checked
all 'Toshiba support' options to be built into the
kernel, not even by modules and then recompiled the
kernel. I got the same error.

1) I have noticed while reconfiguring the kernel that
Toshiba Supports seemed to point to this same ustils
(http://www.buzzard.org.uk/toshiba). Does it mean I no
longer need to compile and install this utils
separately from the kernel?

2)Most importantly, what do I need to do to get the
fan to work properly. Howabout TuxTime applet?

Any Toshiba owner out there?

Thanks for your help.
--tony