up2date problem - usual solutions don't seem to help

Lets Go Canes letsgonhlcanes at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 14:59:23 UTC 2004

Hi all.

--- Alex White <prata at kuei-jin.org> wrote:
> Firstly, please do not hijack foreign threads. That blows.
> Just create a new mail. A true new mail, not a reply and then
> erasure, that causes headers to be left behind that thread
> your question into another thread.

Sorry - I wasn't aware that a reply/erasure would hijack a thread.

> Secondly, what mirrors did you try?

In addition to the default config:

http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/
ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/

both of which are geographically close, as well as:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/

because I had noted a mail where someone had success using this site.

Thanks.

=====