SELinux

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Fri Aug 20 17:13:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 12:38, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> You need to pass selinux=0 on the kernel command line, so you want to
> add it to the end of lines starting with "kernel" in grub.conf.
>
> You can just create your own /etc/sysconfig/selinux file with
> SELINUX=disabled.  With the stock FC2 kernel, that isn't quite the same
> as selinux=0, but with the updated FC2 kernels, it now truly disables
> SELinux.

Thanks, but if you don't mind, please show me where and how to add
this.  I don't want to hose this up.  :-)

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda2
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=10
selinux=0
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Core (2.6.8-1.521)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.8-1.521 ro root=LABEL=/
	initrd /initrd-2.6.8-1.521.img

Thanks!!

--
Thomas E. Dukes <edukes at alltel.net>