eth0 problem

Buddy Hummler hummler.1 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 20 19:11:05 UTC 2004

Hello, I'm in need of some assistance.

I have a Dell Inspiron 3800 that I just installed Fedora Core 2 on
(downloaded from Fedora's website). I'm trying to get online, but have been
unsuccessful. When the computer is starting up it says "xirc2ps_cs device
eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization. [failed]"   My
network is configured correctly, but I'm not getting any sign that my
network card is working. I had Fedora Core 1 installed before and it said
the same thing about the device not being present and that it failed, but I
was still able to get online - however, I ran into much difficulty when
trying to download updates from RHN.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Or can someone point me in
the right direction?

Thanks

Buddy Hummler

Internet Technologies           451 Baker Systems
The Ohio State University       1971 Neil Ave.
Office of the CIO               Columbus, OH 43210
hummler.1 at osu.edu               (614) 247-8066