yum.conf suggestions

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Aug 20 21:29:15 UTC 2004

    I'm having a lot of trouble with Maxine (That machine that doesn't
like the install-kernel) and I'm looking for a decent yum.conf file that
works well in America.

    No, I know the sites; I've been outta FC1 for a long time now- I've
long since lost the one that worked for me.  And I've had no time to
_see_ the effectiveness of an FC1 in action, 'cause the only one I have
now is the default one.  And it's very, very ineffective.

    I'm also having a weird authentication problem.  In single-user mode
it works just fine...anything else it denies access completely like
something's broken.

    It's just almost time to reload this turkey- it's not like I have
much on it.  But FC3 seems so far away...

    Thanks for any input you might have...even pointing and laughing. :)
Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller